Introducing the new Mitel 6970 IP Conference Phone4Sight Communications
We are pleased to announce that the new Mitel 6970 IP Conference Phone is available for quoting / pre-order for MiVoice Business. The Mitel 6970 is the conference phone designed to make meetings easier and more efficient. A large 7-inch color touch screen grants excellent visibility to an intuitive user interface for quick navigation to essential meeting information and functions. A tight integration with MiVoice Business and supported applications delivers a unique conference experience that will not be found with 3rd party devices.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.1 and MobileLink grant you the ability to seamlessly pair with Bluetooth enabled audio devices and expand the capabilities of your mobile phone. Enjoy crystal clear audio with high definition speaker and eight beam-forming microphones for 360° audio pickup. With the Mitel 6970 conference phone, your entire meeting experience will be effortless.
The integration with Mitel’s MiVoice Business platform sets it apart from third party SIP based conference phones resulting in unmatched ease of deployment, maintenance and use. The 6970 supports the full MiVoice Business telephony feature set allowing for exceptional flexibility in terms of how conference calls can be initiated. Users may choose to leverage the built-in ad-hoc conference call setup capability of MiVoice Business allowing for up to 8-parties to be added to a call or alternately they may prefer to set up a Meet Me or MiCollab conference bridge. Access to MiCollab conferences is greatly enhanced thanks to the support for the MiCollab Meeting Center application, which provides a list of conferences scheduled for the meeting room right on the phone with one touch bridge access – no need to enter a meeting ID or PIN.
The 6970 is backwards compatible to MiVoice Business 8.0 SP2, which removes a significant barrier to adoption – i.e. the need to upgrade to the latest MiVoice Business release in order to deploy the conference phone. This provides channel partners with the opportunity to go back to existing customers running 8.0 SP2 or higher and engage in a discussion on swapping out their old conference phones with a new modern, state-of-the-art solution. For customers on earlier versions of MiVoice Business, the 6970 provides an opportunity to initiate a discussion on the value of upgrading to the latest MiVoice Business release.
6970 IP Conference Phone for MiVoice Business hardware features:
- 7” 800×400 Color Touch Display
- 16 programmable keys
- 6 context-sensitive soft keys
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port
- PoE power (802.3af)
- Bluetooth 4.1 enabled
- 360° microphone pickup via 8 beam-forming microphones
- Mitel Hi-Q Audio Technology with high output speaker
- 2 USB ports
- 360° active call / mute indicators
- Two touch mute buttons – one below the display and one on opposite side to allow muting from other side of table
- Support for 2 optional wired extension microphones for larger board room support
The 6970 IP Conference phone for MiVoice Business software features:
- Same installation and maintenance as all other 6900 series phones
- Same telephony feature set as the 6940, including:
– MiVoice Business ad-hoc conference call setup – add up to 8 parties to a call
– One-touch Join Meeting (MiCollab Meeting Center) – on-phone list of today’s meetings for the meeting room
– MiVoice Business Meet Me Conferencing
– Out-of-box access to MiVoice Business Corporate Directory (no need to connect to an external LDAP Directory)
– Hot Desking – make the meeting room phone your extension – same user interface & features that you have at your desk (join meeting room conference calls with confidence thanks to the familiar user interface)
– MobileLink feature support – use the 6970 Conference phone for Cell Phone based calls, import Cell Phone based Contacts and Call Logs
– Dynamic Extension support
– Teleworker support