Introducing the new Mitel EX Controller for the MiVoice Business Platform4Sight Communications
MiVoice Business Release 9 – Mitel EX Controller
As part of Mitel’s continued commitment to delivering on-site deployments of their communications platforms we are proud to introduce a new hardware variant that will not only be supporting the MiVoice Business call control, but which will also be used in MiVoice MX-ONE and MiVoice 5000 deployments.
The EX Controller will be a complement to the existing hardware family – specifically, the 3300 CX II and 3300 MXe III Controllers remain fully available to customers. Like the existing hardware, the Mitel EX Controller enables both call control and media gateway functionality to run on a single hardware instance.
The Mitel EX controller provides up to a capacity of 1,400 IP users and offers local survivability and PSTN access for analog users. It provides 8 expansion slots which can house cards to connect to TDM trunking services (ISDN PRI, E&M, and R2 T1/E1), analog trunks and analog extensions. Additionally, a DSP card may be required in certain configurations.
It is available in both single and dual power supply versions:
• Single power supply version with 4GB RAM & 60GB SSD – Part Number 50008229
• Dual power supply version with 8GB RAM & 120GB SSD – Part Number 50008230
WHAT IS SUPPORTED ON THE EX CONTROLLER?
- TDM support for Digital trunks (PRI, T1, E1, R2) and Analog trunks and extensions (FXS, FXO)
-It uses IP all the way to the cards which incorporate the E2T gateway functionality
-All required E2T resources are incorporated into each card so it is non-blocking
-A digital link license (54000303) on MiVB is required for each link and this provides the necessary resources to program the gateway functionality
- Maximum 1400 IP user capacity
- 64 G.711 Media channels (software) for access to conferencing, direct paging, Music On Hold
- Embedded Voicemail capacity
-750 Mail boxes
-Max 30 ports of which 12 can be Voicemail and the rest embedded RADs
- MiVoice Business Release 9.0 will support a single LAN port 10/100/1000
- File based MOH supports 128 MB, also USB can be used to provide MOH input