Product Bulletin: What’s new in MiVoice Business R9.0?4Sight Communications
We are delighted to announce MiVoice Business R9 is now GA. With a complete software refresh, delivering platform, security, responsiveness and performance improvements, MiVoice Business R9.0 will be available for all installed base customers with active Software Assurance who have platforms that meet the minimum requirements.
PRODUCT OVERVIEW / FEATURES & BENEFITS / DESCRIPTION
MiVoice Business development is firmly aligned with Mitel’s focus on continuous improvement that will deliver innovation, new features to enhance customer interaction and reduce the overall cost of ownership.
MiVoice Business Release 9.0 is built upon 3 pillars:
1. Customer requests for feature enhancements
2. Software refresh and common hardware platform
3. Lifecycle transitions
SOFTWARE REFRESH FOR MIVOICE BUSINESS
MiVoice Business Release 9.0 includes a significant refresh of the software to deliver Total Cost of Ownership improvements. It is designed to facilitate enhanced system performance, a simplified process for the deployment of patches/security updates as we go forward and the delivery of an infrastructure ready to evolve to next gen networks.
- Native Linux deployment: release 9 will run natively in a Linux environment by utilizing C and C++
- Improve responsiveness and deployment of changes (patches, security updates): A simplified process for the deployment of patches/security updates. Update individual software components rather than the whole software load
- Significantly enhanced system performance and serviceability
- Technology update; IPv6 in the core system (dual stack), FQDN (core system), SNMPv3 support
- Available on CX(i)* II, MXe III*, Virtual, Software only and new EX Controller in initial release (AX, MiVB Express, MiCD to follow
1. Caller ID Based Routing
To allow customers better manage calls, Mitel have created a whitelist/blacklist capability which can route specific incoming callers (based on calling line ID).
Whitelist – the calling line ID can be used to provide a white glove service to route known contacts to specific users or groups of users to help ensure optimum customer service.
Blacklist – unwanted calls can be routed either to a message only mailbox or simply disconnected, thus avoiding staff having to waste time dealing with unnecessary calls.
2. Last Group Member Recall
The Last Group Member Routing (LGMR) feature allows the callers to be connected to the person that they spoke with in the event they have to call back rather than potentially getting connected to another member of the group.
EXPANDED BROWSER SUPPORT
MiVoice Business Release 9.0 expands the browser support for accessing the System Admin Tool, it now supports the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Firefox (36.0.4 or later)
- Google Chrome (59 or later)
- Microsoft Edge (38 or later)
MIVOICE BUSINESS CONSOLE 9.0
Microsoft Windows 10 support has been expanded to include the following:
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows 10 Professional for Workstations
MiVoice Business Release 9.0 requires the following:
• CX II and CXi II require a minimum of 1 GB Ram and 16GB HDD/SSD
• MXe III requires a minimum of 1GB RAM and 60GB HDD/SSD
• Virtual machineso
The following platforms will receive access to the new features, capabilities and software refresh as part of the MiVoice Business 9.1 release. Customers who run a MiVoice Business network of differing controllers will be able to utilise a mixed network of MiVoice Business releases until this time:
• AX Controller
• Multi-Instance MiVoice Business (Enterprise deployments)
• MiVoice Business Express
As stated in the past the 5200 sets will not have the normal support level. This means that, should issues arise after the upgrade to release 9.0, Mitel reserves the right to not fix specific issues isolated to the 5200 series sets operation. Please refer to Mitel bulletin PB20170185 for more info.
MiVoice Business Release 9.0 also no longer supports the following:
- MiVoice 3300 LX
- 3300 MXe & 3300 MXe II & MXe Server
- 3300 CX and CXi
- Stratus servers – Direct deployment on RedHat Linux (although VMware deployment continue to be supported)
- FIM connections
- NSU, DSU, FD-PER, 200 Bay
- DNIC devices (consoles, multi-line DNIC sets, Single-line DNIC-sets)
- Analog/Digital on FD-PER or 200 Bay
- 5401, 6600 YA Pro, App Server, 5550 IP Console
Any customers who continue to have such equipment in their network will not be able to upgrade to MiVoice Business Release 9.0 until those items are removed.